- This event has passed.
16 Arhats Puja
4 May 2022 @ 7:15 pm - 8:30 pm
Offerings of fruit, flowers or individually wrapped food items for the Altar are welcome.
Everyone welcome to come along
Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s recommendation is to practice regularly together to remove obstacles, create harmony and help the Centre to flourish.
Buddha Shakyamuni personally selected the Sixteen Arhats from amongst his disciples and requested them to protect the Dharma.
At the time of the parinirvana they vowed to remain in the world and maintain the Dharma until the time of the future Buddha Maitreya.
“This puja, The Wish-fulfilling Gem Enhancing the Buddha’s Doctrine, a Method for Making Offerings and Prayers to Guru Shakyamuni Buddha and the Sixteen Arhats by Geshe Gyaltsen, includes a purification practice and is suitable to be performed by anyone.”
It has greater blessings to pray to the kind compassionate Guru Shakyamuni Buddha, the Founder, who is caring with a loving mind for us migratory beings who are in the end of the five-hundred age time.
He left the Sixteen Arhats as his regents, not to pass away and to be the Saviour for us sentient beings.
“The benefits of making offerings and prayers to the Sixteen Arhats are:
1. All the Victorious Ones (Buddhas) are pleased.
2. Anyone who correctly practises it will have no obstacles.
3. One will be able to abide in pure morality.
4. It increases one’s scriptural understanding and realisation.
5. One will have perfect inner and outer conditions to practise Dharma.
6. One will not be overwhelmed by untimely death and will have a long life.
7. The community of Sangha will be increased.
8. The study and practice of the Tripitaka (Three Baskets) will increase and so forth; there are infinite benefits one will enjoy until enlightenment is achieved.”